Granny Kit's Biscuits Recipe

Аdvertisement
Ingredients

    140g self-raising flour
    115g margarine
    55g caster sugar
    anything else you'd like to add, vanilla essence, chocolate chips etc.


How to make Granny Kit's Biscuits

This is a recipe kindly given to me by my Godmother. It was often made by her mother and whenever I'd visit I would always be welcomed by the sweet buttery smell of these fresh baked biscuits. As a child I never got the chance to tell her how much I love them, which I regret.
Rest In Peace Granny Kit.

    Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C.
    Soften the margarine (I used my fingers) then add the sugar in parts, beating until smooth.
    If you are adding any essence, I suggest adding it now.
    Gradually sift in the flour and mix until it forms a dough like substance (flavouring can be added with the flour, lemon rind, cocoa etc).
    Using your hands, form into balls the size of walnuts and flatten onto a greased tray, using a fork dipped in water.
    At this stage I sprinkled a few chocolate chips onto the biscuits.
    Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, and leave to cool for at least 20 minutes (longer if you've used chocolate).

Author joannajane
http://www.nibbledish.com/people/joannajane/recipes/granny-kits-biscuits

Popular Posts